The worst club, with the best members.
Introducing The Infertile Circle
What's it like?
We talk about all the things that our friends who aren't struggling to get pregnant just don't understand. Like how to deal with Toxic Positivity, set healthy boundaries around pregnant friends. We're there for one another during times of anxiety or uncertainty, and instill friendship, optimism and hope in one another. We share experiences, perspectives and resources. It's a time to give and get support that no one else has been able to offer.
Women who have received a fertility diagnosis or are trying to get pregnant using ART. Women who have experienced recurrent IVF cycle failure, are TTC after loss, are pursuing surrogacy, egg/embryo donor conception and/or adoption. This program is for women who are looking to give and get support.
Lurkers or individuals who are not comfortable contributing to the sharing process. This group is not a good fit for individuals who have not received an infertility diagnosis from a doctor.
This is a peer support group. The benefits and results of this program rely on everyone's participation and contribution. I kick off each group meeting with a specific discussion or topic, but really, the floor is yours! Bring your peaks, valley and questions!
This group will only meet by Zoom a total of 5 times. Please make sure you are able to be present on those dates. I want you to get the most out of our time together.
This is designed to be a safe space. Please make sure you are able to comply with the rules, and can agree to being a supportive, open-minded friend for others.
Enrollment is based on application review. Enrollment fee is due upon application acceptance.
A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF:
You are looking for more customized emotional support, or the group setting isn't where you feel most comfortable yet.
I would be honored to walk this path with you. To ensure this is a good fit for both of us, let's hop on a brief call to get acquainted.
1. You must introduce yourself in our Infertile Circle, and be an active participant.
Introduce yourself when you get access to the private Facebook group. Lurkers make people uncomfortable. Only active Facebook profiles are approved to join the group.
2. This is a support group. Be nice. It’s also private. I hope it’s obvious that this means no sharing what you read here, no screenshots, no exceptions! We’re all here to get or give support. Please, no comparing stories, diagnoses or medical advice. Always be considerate; many of our members have had very recent losses or are cycle failures. Never screenshot or share what you see in this group.
3. Always use appropriate trigger warnings when necessary, and place sensitive images in the comments of a Facebook post. If you wish to share a personal image, please consider the way it might affect those who see it. If it's potentially triggering, please use a brief description of any images in the original post so our members can decide if they want to see the images. For example; images of living children, pregnancy tests, embryos, etc. Any post in violation of any rule listed below will be deleted without explanation.
4. No fundraising, sales or self-promotion of any kind. Period.
5. This group does not provide medical advice. Please do not ask for or offer medical advice here. Posts deemed as medical advice will be removed. While I understand what a difficult and confusing physical process starting a family through ART can be, this is an emotional support group first and foremost and is not equipped to discuss the finer medical points of the experience. Please direct medical questions and concerns to qualified professionals.
I was 24 weeks pregnant when our world got turned upside down. Oliver, our IVF miracle, had defied so many odds and fought through so many milestones to be here, but the higher powers had other plans for the three of us.
The Infertile Circle and its Facebook group are not a substitute for medical advice or professional fertility treatments. The group aims to provide support, and strategies to enhance emotional well-being, community connection and coping strategies for your IVF, loss, and pregnancy after loss journey. This group CANNOT and will not diagnose medical conditions, interpret medical diagnoses or clinical results, prescribe or administer treatment of medical conditions, perform clinical procedures, perform or provide alternative/complementary therapies, or make parenting or infant care choices or decisions. It's important to consult with medical professionals for personalized advice regarding fertility and reproductive health.